top of page
- Sun, Oct 29San FranciscoOct 29, 2:00 PM – 3:30 PMSan Francisco, 1835 Ellis St, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
- Wed, Sep 13ParisChana Orloff: A Modern Woman Sculptor in Paris at the École des modernités at the Institute GiacomettiSep 13, 6:30 PM – Sep 14, 8:00 PMParis, 5 Rue Victor Schoelcher, 75014 Paris, FranceThis event will take place both online and in-person
- Sat, Sep 09MetzSep 09, 2:10 PM – 3:00 PMMetz, 1 Parv. des Droits de l'Homme, 57020 Metz, FranceI will be a keynote speaker in the symposium Le clan Suzanne Valadon at the Pompidou-Metz. My talk, Suzanne Valadon vue par la critique, will be in French. This is an in-person only event.
- Thu, May 04San FranciscoMay 04, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PMSan Francisco, 1727 Haight St, San Francisco, CA 94117, USABooksmith is thrilled to host a conversation between Dean Rader (Before the Borderless: Dialogues with the Art of Cy Twombly) and Paula J. Birnbaum (Sculpting a Life: Chana Orloff between Paris and Tel Aviv), both celebrating new books. Please join us for what promises to be a stimulating evening!
- Sat, Apr 22Ateliers-Musées Chana OrloffApr 22, 5:30 PM – 7:10 PMAteliers-Musées Chana Orloff, 7 bis Vla Seurat, 75014 Paris, FranceJoin us this Saturday, April 22 at 5:30 p.m. at Chana Orloff Ateliers-Musée. I will present my work in conversation with the grandchildren of the artist, Ariane Tamir and Eric Justman. A book signing will follow the presentation. Free Event. Registration in bio. Hope to see you there!
- Thu, Feb 16The Renee & Chaim Gross FoundationFeb 16, 6:30 PMThe Renee & Chaim Gross Foundation, 526 LaGuardia Pl, New York, NY 10012, USAPlease join us at the Renee & Chaim Gross Foundation for a book launch and reception to celebrate the publication of Paula J. Birnbaum's book. RSVP is required. Please register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by February 14. https://www.rcgrossfoundation.org/events
- Mon, Feb 06Online eventFeb 06, 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM ESTOnline eventhttps://roundtable.org/class/course/chana-orloff-sculpting-a-life-in-paris-and-tel-aviv
Book Talk at Foundation Giacometti Institut Paris
Conversation with Dean Rader at Booksmith SF
Lecture at the residence of The Consul General of Germany in Los Angeles, Stefan Schneider
From The Consul General of France in Los Angeles, Julie Duhaut-Bedos:
#WomensHistoryMonth: Professor Paula J Birnbaum from #USFCA presented at my German colleague's Residence @GermanyinLA the life of talented yet overlooked sculptor #ChanaOrloff : her Jewish family fled the pogroms in Mariupol, settled in Paris, where she started her career (with Modigliani!) fled to Switzerland in 1940, then Paris again and Tel Aviv. Such a fascinating life of exile, art creation and resilience through the difficult times of Europe in the twentieth century.
Roundtable by 92ND ST Y
bottom of page